still extraction troubles

Warren Toomey wkt at t...
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:01:00 +1000 (EST)

In article by David Gerdes:
> Yep! This fixed the problem right up.
> nice work.
> I am still struggling. I have tried extractstream versions .1-99
> sendstream, mfs_export, splitstream, tyc, mpgtx, and on and on.
>
> I have a continuing problem that a few frames of both the audio and
> the video are corrupted in every stream I export.
> When I build a VCD, it plays perfectly until about 20-30 mins in where
> there is some video and/or audio garbage, and then the audio is out of
> sync for the rest of the video.
>
> Do others see this and has anyone figured out the problem??
> I have a disk full of videos all ready to be dumped to VCD, except for
> this one problem.
> David

Now and then on the TiVo itself, I see a few chunky video frames. Perhaps
it is data which is corrupted on the TiVo itself.

For the VCD you mention where there is a loss of sync after 20-30 mins.
If you still have the stream on your TiVo, can you play it back and
when you get to that point, go into freeze frame mode and play it back
one frame at a time. I'm hoping you will see some corrupt MPEG-2 video
frames, which would indicate bad MPEG-2 data in the TiVo itself.

This is just a hypothesis. The next time I spot something like this on
a TiVo record, I'll try dumping the stream out and see if there is
definitely bad MPEG-2 data in there.

Cheers,
Warren