[ExtractStream] ReceiveStream

Bob Fronk bob at b...
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 19:09:54 -0400

Warren,

Could you point me to more info on this, or give more "novice" level
info.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Warren Toomey [mailto:wkt@t...]
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 6:58 PM
To: ExtractStream@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [ExtractStream] ReceiveStream

In article by Bob Gamble:
> Is there anyway to put a stream back on TiVo and have it accessible
via Now Showing?
> It would be nice to be able to do this as it makes it easier for
members of the family to watch archived material since random access is
better than tape. Also could be used to reduce paying charges for not
returning videos on time.
> Bob

Yes. You need to extract a tystream, then split it into mpv and mpa
components,
then make these visible to the TiVo on a filesystem (e.g hard disk, nfs,
smbfs).
The script is attached to put the two components back into Now Showing.

Warren