Can't Use Tivoapp or Extractstream

sjjenkins sjjenkins at y...
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:18:09 -0000

Gary:

Excellent - I was able to connect and get the Now Showing info just
fine now. Thx!

However....

My first extraction test was a one-hour episode of "Who Wants to Be A
Millionaire" (believe it or not... I was a phone a friend) and auto-
convert it to MPEG. But when I came back after dinner to check the
process, I had a bunch of "skipping chunk" messages, and ended up
with 489 PES Sequence Errors. The mpeg was on my HD, but it won't
play in either Media Player or RealOne Player (don't have the proper
codec is the complaint, but both will play other MPEG files).

I've got a Sony SVR2000 with the original A drive, and a 120gig add-
on B drive from PVRJoe.com. The mode I used in TiVoApp was "Create
MPEG2 File" and I had three options selected: Extract HTML, File Name
is Episode Name, and Track Tivo Sequence Codes.

Could I be running into the "big drive" problem that your
documentation talks about? I'll try using SendStream next.

Thanks for helping out a newbie extractor...

Steve