[ExtractStream] Re: Can't Use Tivoapp or Extractstream

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 21:13:09 -0700 (PDT)

--- sjjenkins <sjjenkins@y...> wrote:

> My first extraction test was a one-hour episode of "Who Wants to Be
> A Millionaire" (believe it or not... I was a phone a friend)...

That's pretty cool...

> I had a bunch of "skipping chunk" messages, and ended up
> with 489 PES Sequence Errors. The mpeg was on my HD, but it won't
> play in either Media Player or RealOne Player (don't have the
> proper
> codec is the complaint, but both will play other MPEG files).

For this, there might a few reasons: 1) There might be something
ever-so-slightly tivo-ish still in the MPEG stream, 2) if you've
remuxed in the "non-standard" 32KHz (44.1KHz is standard) audio
stream it might be choking on that, or most probably, 3) Media Player
& RealOne both *suck*.

I've had *no* luck getting WMP, Real1, or even QuickTime to play what
should be "normal enough" MPEG streams... get yourself a real decoder
like Elecard, PowerDVD, or WinDVD and use that. Life will be much
better then. :-)

> I've got a Sony SVR2000 with the original A drive, and a 120gig
> add-on B drive from PVRJoe.com. The mode I used in TiVoApp was
"Create
> MPEG2 File" and I had three options selected: Extract HTML, File
> Name is Episode Name, and Track Tivo Sequence Codes.
>
> Could I be running into the "big drive" problem that your
> documentation talks about? I'll try using SendStream next.

Sendstream might help - or it might not, depending on the problem.
Sendstream is based on Extractstream, so if the bug you're hitting
wasn't fixed in SS, try TyTool from jdiner. Don't have the URL handy,
search the archives to find it; its out on DealDatabase somewhere, so
mebbe Google could sniff it out for you if you can't find it on the
archive. It's pretty good about working with "problem children." :-)

HTH,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger