Corrupt Data on Tivo?

agassi_1_fan lmurray at r...
Mon, 03 Jun 2002 12:32:23 -0000

Sorry for the added work. There is so little info out on the web for
extraction, that I thought I was doomed to write what was needed.
Sorry, I'm new to this group.

Anyway, Whats next? I've used a few tools to extract the ty stream.
>From what I've read, tyc (for linux) and tyConvert (for windows) are
the tools to directly convert to mpeg. I seem to remember a site
that said that if you convert directy from ty to mpg using tyc, it'll
keep the audio in sync with the video. Seems like a good hypothesis
to me. Anyway, when I convert using either one of these tools, I end
up crashing the tool (both tyc, and tyconvert.) It seems to happen
when I extract multiple ty files. The crash or dump seems to occur
where the ty files meet, so my mpg file is around 500MB. Does anyone
else have this problem? Is there a newer version of tyc or tyConvert
around? (i think tyconvert reported v.0.32).

i promise not to look at the tyc source code until someone replies. :)

Thanks for the help. This group is great.

-Lloyd-