[ExtractStream] A new back end for TyTool.

Don Starr don at s...
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 08:57:54 -0700

I dropped the two new files on top of my existing ones, did chmod 777
on both, and ran ./tserver_mfs (after mv). When connecting with
TyTool, tserver_mfs gives this error:
sh: ./NowShowing.tcl: No such file or directory

Prior to the chmod, the error was "Access denied", so it appears to
find it in the current dir. I've also tried running tserver_mfs with
its original filename tserver_mfs3. No change.

I've tried with and without the current directory in the path.

I've clearly forgotten some little detail... any idea what it is?

Another interesting thing: If I CTRL-C out of this version of
tserver_mfs and try to run another copy, I get an <address in use>
error, as if the listening socket isn't unbound. So far, the only way
I've found to fix it is to reboot the TiVo. This only happens if I try
to connect via TyTool and tserver_mfs reports the "no such file"
error. If I launch tserver_mfs and immediately CTRL-C, then re-launch,
there's no "address in use" error. Maybe after bailing out with an
error, tserver_mfs doesn't clean up the connected socket?

-Don