[ExtractStream] A new back end for TyTool.

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 09:35:21 -0700 (PDT)

--- Don Starr <don@s...> wrote:
> I dropped the two new files on top of my existing ones, did chmod
> 777
> on both, and ran ./tserver_mfs (after mv). When connecting with
> TyTool, tserver_mfs gives this error:
> sh: ./NowShowing.tcl: No such file or directory

Check your capitalization on that file - if it's nowshowing.tcl
instead of NowShowing.tcl, that _can_ make a difference; my Winders2k
ftp client lowercases everything sent over - that tripped me up
once...

> Another interesting thing: If I CTRL-C out of this version of
> tserver_mfs and try to run another copy, I get an <address in use>
> error, as if the listening socket isn't unbound. So far, the only
> way
> I've found to fix it is to reboot the TiVo. This only happens if I
> try
> to connect via TyTool and tserver_mfs reports the "no such file"
> error. If I launch tserver_mfs and immediately CTRL-C, then
> re-launch,
> there's no "address in use" error. Maybe after bailing out with an
> error, tserver_mfs doesn't clean up the connected socket?

When you do that, is the GUI on the client side still running? If the
GUI is running, it'll hold that socket open on the server [Tivo] -
that tripped me up as well. Make sure the GUI is gone for good, then
restart the server app, then start the GUI - that's what did the
trick for me, anyway...

Again, thanks to jdiner I can finally dub off more than one show at a
time! -- I'll be updating my webpage sometime this weekend with my
new methods... so stay posted!

HTH,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger