A Tivo extraction X-File

jewser joshua at b...
Wed, 05 Jun 2002 22:33:04 -0000

> Josh's vsplit12 splits it, but only up to the last 20% of the show.
> No errors, it just quits as if it had reached the end. Bummer.
> Vsplitting 546900 by itself results in a good .m2v file, but a zero-
> byte .m2a file, and a whole bunch of, "Error. We did not find an
> embedded audio header!" (Josh, you want to take a look at it?
> http://tivo.30below.com/jdouglass/546900.ty)

Ok. I am downloading it now. But keep in mind that while it can and
does recover from simple errors sometimes they are not all that
simple. Using a different tool to download it makes things patchy at
best. Stick with TyTool or the seperate components it is made up of
(mfs_stream, vsplit, etc...) and you will be better off. Just my
$.02...

--jdiner