A Tivo extraction X-File - A bug. Well done you...

jewser joshua at b...
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 01:13:56 -0000

> Josh's vsplit12 splits it, but only up to the last 20% of the show.
> No errors, it just quits as if it had reached the end. Bummer.
> Vsplitting 546900 by itself results in a good .m2v file, but a zero-
> byte .m2a file, and a whole bunch of, "Error. We did not find an
> embedded audio header!" (Josh, you want to take a look at it?
> http://tivo.30below.com/jdouglass/546900.ty)

Wow. You found a bug. The first one in months. Well done you. The
strange thing is that it is a majorly simple one to have occur. I
expect:

16 bytes - Audio header
800+ bytes - Audio body.
16 bytes - Audio header
800+ bytes - Audio body.

And it has always been that way for me and everyone but... well you.

But in the clip you sent me the first chunk in it has:

800+ bytes - Audio body.
16 bytes - Audio header
800+ bytes - Audio body.
16 bytes - Audio header
800+ bytes - Audio body.
16 bytes - Audio header

This never allowed the code to resync and find any audio. 3 lines of
C later it is fixed and works fine. Thanks for the report. It will be
out in the "With UK Support" version in a few hours. Finally got the
clips to test with. :)

--jdiner