Alright. TyTool Alpha #3 is up.

alanjudy alanjudy at y...
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 01:24:44 -0000

TyTool #3 rocks, I made the move from TivoApp last night.

I never got TivoApp to do a mux, or splits (always got
exception faults)... It was just useful for extracts
to .ty files.

TyTool doesn't (yet) do the mux, but with vsplit12 built-in
I can get my .m2v and .m2a file in approximately 27 minutes
for an hour long high quality program (I'm using a SA system).

Thank you jdiner!

Now for the wish-list.

1. Mux
2. 720x480 header patch (so mpg can be more easily placed
on DVD without re-encoding)

My current setup allows Tivo -> XSVCD in under 2 hours.
27min 1. Tytool -> .m2v .m2a
8min 2. Tmpegenc -> simple multiplex (bbmpeg works too)
7min(3x)3. Tmpegenc -> cut and merge -> break to 3 pieces at
commercial breaks (16-23 minutes per disk)
17min(3x)4. Nero -> XSVCD, no re-encoding just take
High Quality 3500 mpg

= 1hr 47min (approximately.. this is from memory :-)

5. XSVCD -> Apex DVD player. This player can play
this unre-encoded XSVCD, my sony can't.

Step 2 would be eliminated with mux support in tytool/vsplit
Step 3 would be eliminated if I authored on DVD (planned)

If the DVD writer is 2x AND the wishlish item of patching
the header so the resulting mpg can be authored to DVD
then this would result in a time close to 60 minutes.

Once I switch to DVD I'll probably up the resources
so that I capture better than the stock rate of 3500. I'll
probably bump up to 5000 which will push out the tytool
time (close to back to an hour and 45 minutes), but I'll
get much better quality.

Great job jdiner!

-alanjudy