Alright. TyTool Alpha #3 is up.

jewser joshua at b...
Wed, 05 Jun 2002 22:27:15 -0000

> Looks like a potentially very useful app, however:
>
> I still seem to get the exact same behaviour I got with the
previous
> version... i.e. after pulling the entire tystream from the TiVo I
> still have zero length .m2a and .m2v files and and a large .txt
file
> full of the following messages:
>
> checkNumRecs: Number of Records: 60 (3c 0 ff ff)
> checkNumRecs: The size is wrong at 31581124 bytes...
> Startup: Found a bad chunk in the first Analysis-10. Skipping until
> there are 10 good ones.
>
> Perhaps this is due to it being a UK tivo? (most of the extraction,
> except tools TyConvertStream seem to screw up with UK tystreams)

Yeah this is due to the UK Tivo. That version does not support them.
This new one does... :) Full support into both TyTool and VSplit.

But first I need a few, 2-3, small clips from some UK Tivo streams to
do some better testing with. I have only 1. And that is not good.
If you could PLEASE!!! use the TyFileSplit tool I posted and get me
some clips. Then email me and I will tell you where to put them. They
don't have to be big, 50 chunks each, would be more than enough.

If anyone with a UK Tivo can provide me with some that would be
great. I only need a few to see if I am getting this all correct.

--jdiner