RELEASED: TyTool Alpha #4. UK Support.

jewser joshua at b...
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 13:51:23 -0000

> 1st problem (maybe non problem)
> is that the first chunk of every fsid is duff. This happens with
> mfs_export too. The UK tool thats around cope with this by having
an
> option to skip chunk x so you can do " convert bad.ty 0 4096 8192
> etc etc.

Yeah. The extraction piece is still far from perfect. But it is close
enough. I do not have an option to skip such things. Instead what you
are seeing is the system doing it automatically.

> -1x4 - No PTS values in the entire chunk... Use it but this is
> problematic...

Each of these is a report saying that while there was real data in
the chunk there were no time-stamps to verify things with. The
timestamps come primarily from the 16 byte PES header records.

> -1x4: Number of Records: 2 ( 2 0 ff ff)
> -1x4: # 0 5 ( 526336): 80 80 e 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 d3
> 5d ae 66
> -1x4: # 1 vid ( 131036): 1f fd c2 e0 30 2a 90 38 0 0 0 1 d3
> 5d ae 66

These are just a dump of what is in there. And it is too be expected.
A full size chunk of all video is what always happens. So it writes
the data and moves on. All is well. This is what is called in the
docs a "soft error". I.e. something fixable.

> -1x4 - No PTS values in the
> entire chunk... Use it but this is problematic...

I don't know that I have ever seen more than 1 in any stream before
but # does not matter. All is well.

> 4000.........
> Found an OOB packet... The Video Diff is: 01:39:56.309
> Found an OOB packet... The Audio Diff is: 01:39:56.305
> Is it in sequence??? It is OFF by exactly 166564.027778 frames.
> Nope... Not in sequence... Skipping it...

These are again SOFT ERRORS! This is exactly how VSplit maintains
sync. The way OOB data is not a "real" part of the TyStream. Just
extras that got carried along for the ride.

THE ONLY TIME YOU NEED TO WORRY IS WHEN YOU SEE A COMMENT CONTAINING
THE WORD "HOLE" IN IT. THAT MEANS REAL DATA WAS LOST. I.E. THERE IS
DEFINATELY A HOLE IN THE TIMESTAMP DATA.

> Found an OOB packet... The Video Diff is: 00:05:05.265
> Found an OOB packet... The Audio Diff is: 00:05:04.994
> Is it in sequence??? It is OFF by exactly 8472.055556 frames.
> Nope... Not in sequence... Skipping it...

Yet another soft error. Sync is maintained.

And the big list at the end is sad but very very common. It is part
of the extractor. It could possibly be removed. But 5-10 of them at
the very end is just not worth worrying about. Just be aware that it
happens.

> A/V Sync Offset: 4ms (i.e. plays 4ms early!)

And there you go. The offset is 4ms for the clip. Not something you
can see so it was successful.

--jdiner