audio syncing..

agassi_1_fan lmurray at r...
Fri, 07 Jun 2002 01:53:34 -0000

Don - and all,

I've been using Merch's method to extract, and create SVCD's.
(http://www.30below.com/~zmerch/tivo/index.cfm).
[Thank you for this awesome website]

Using zss to split the ty stream, it outputs a log file. In that log
file, it gives you two lines about audio syncing:

Estimated audio delay from first video -100.233333 ms
Estimated audio delay from earliest video -33.488889 ms

I take the smallest number, and add 10% of that number back into it
for your final audio offset. (in TMPGEnc)

So, for this example, 33.48 + 3.35 = 36.83. Drop the negative, and
enter that number into TMPGEnc.

This seems to work for me. YMMV. Try it, and post back with your
results.

Good Luck,
-Lloyd-