RELEASED: TyTool Alpha #4. UK Support.

jewser joshua at b...
Fri, 07 Jun 2002 04:50:45 -0000

> I just need to get my head round the audio sync issues. Once in
sync its
> seems rock solid but it's setting the initial sync that seems
> problematic. I convert and resample the .m2a file to a .wav (using
> lame) and then resample to 44.1Khz (using SSRC) and then let TMPGenc
> convert it to a 48Khz audio stream for future burning to DVD (when
funds
> allow). The only reliable way I seem to get proper sync is by
manually
> setting it in TMPGenc ie visually matching the audio track with
events
> on screen. Is there a better way to do this?

At the moment probably not. Things are still somewhat problematic in
the MPEG-2 world with Tivo files. However I am getting my mux'ing
ready to go and that will help.

But I can't really understand what is going on with what you have.
The files are sync'ed coming out of VSplit. I know because I tested a
pile of them. So something is problematic when you are re-encoding
the audio. I am not sure what at the moment however. I don't use
those tools. I use Winamp to go from mpeg Layer-II audio to a PCM wav
file and then I use VirtualDub to alter the bit-rate etc... I don't
know what is causing your problems.

--jdiner