can't extract anything with any program

agassi_1_fan lmurray at r...
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 14:51:59 -0000

Jon,

We'll, I can understand the frustration. I've been down this same
path with very little success. To pull the ty files off the tivo to
linux, many have suggested mfs_stream. Not sure where to find it, and
haven't tried it personally. I suspect someone will reply with a URL
for ya. I use mfs_export to pull the ty files off. (And a bastardize
d version I hacked up called mfs_export2.) To split the files, you
have a few choices. Theres a program called vsplit that works well.
Page back though the archives to find the link. zss also works well.
splitsteam has worked well for me. tyc seems to fail too often for
my tastes.

Try some of those options. I've been working on a linux solution for
a few weeks now, and don't really have the answer. However, here are
my notes on what I've tried:

http://themurrays.homeip.net/downloads/tivo/tivo.notes

Its really not a website, it's really just a few notes. Most of it
has been collected off of other websites.

I will continue to work on the linux side as I have time. If you come
up with anything concrete, please post your results back here.

good luck,
-lloyd-

P.S. other fun tools and etc can be found here: