Video extraction on a Directivo running 2.5

idokle idokle at y...
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 08:14:42 -0000

> 1) I need a bash prompt from my tivo via the serial port.
Everything
> I've read about how to do this requires either the 2.0 software or
> the 2.5 Extreme, which I'd prefer not to go to. Is there a way to
get
> a bash session from the unit with normal version 2.5 software?

You dont have to have 2.0 but if I was you I would install 2.5 Xtreme
so you can get all the stuff that is out there. You dont even need
serial to get bash man. All you got to do is take your HDD out and
plug it on your computer and them boot with a Lunix CD and make all
the modifications on the rc.sysinit and put it back on your Tivo.
Then you are set. You ahve to remember that if you wanna have
connection to the TIVO you need a DHCP router like a LINKSYS or
something.

if you need more info I would suggest to go to this site cause it has
all the shit that you need. Just do a search on anything and trust me
it will come up with 100s of hints.

www.dealdatabase.com\forum

post anything you want and trust me in 15min somebody will reaply to
you.