mplex for windows.. compiling question

agassi_1_fan lmurray at r...
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 01:04:55 -0000

Hi all,
Still tinkering with new and old tools for extracting video and
creating SVCDs. I've taken the old mplex code from unix, and
compiled it under cygwin for windows. I have a question, hopefully
Roger can answer. I have the mplex.exe statically linked, but I
still need to lug the cygwin.dll around with me. Is there a way to
embed the dll in the exe (Excuse me if this is easy, I'm a UNIX
man). I'd like to have a full solution in one exe file. Anyway, if
anyone is interested, the mplex.exe is on my website. It probably
has a 2 GB limit, due to the version of GTK that comes with Cygwin.
I should be able to fix this. For anyone that doesn't know, mplex is
a multiplexer. It'll create a mpg from the output files of vsplit.
It has an option to using the offset (in ms) to sync the audio and
video.

My next question, assuming that this works, is... Could this be an
option outta tytool? Extract the stream, vsplit it, use the offset
in vsplit in mplex, and create a mpg. Just wondered ???

Thanks for all the help.

-Lloyd-

http://themurrays.homeip.net/downloads/tivo/for_windows/