[ExtractStream] Re: What extraction apps work with 3.0?

Matthew Barr mbarr at m...
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:38:06 -0400

OK- assuming that my experience w/ OS X is probably just as effective:

I use either extractstream or sendstream w/ nc on the tivo side.

I tried tivoapp, and such on the pc side. No dice- I may not have been
doing things right..

I now use tyc, with the modest changes suggested on the list to
operate/compile on OS X. I imagine you won't have that problem. It takes a
.ty file and outputs a .mpg2 file. W/ VLC it plays perfectly. That's all I
cared about.

Matthew