What extraction apps work with 3.0?

George_Cercone george_cercone at y...
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 18:27:34 -0000

Funny you mention OS X, I'm looking at either the iMac with the neat
LCD on a neck, or a G4. Good to know there is an option. Have you
burned to DVD yet? That is primarily my reason for doing it.
I know I can spend $400-$500 on a DVD burner for the pc, but right
now, I have a pc hiding behind the couch with an LCD screen, with
analog input/output to my 36"wega, firewire ports to external drives
and cables out the wazoo, so a nice clean box with it all inside is
my thinking. Also wondering with the support on Jaguar for mpeg2 and
divx, if a descent streaming server can be setup from the mac as well.

-G

--- In ExtractStream@y..., Matthew Barr <mbarr@m...> wrote:
> OK- assuming that my experience w/ OS X is probably just as
effective:

> I use either extractstream or sendstream w/ nc on the tivo side.
>
> I tried tivoapp, and such on the pc side. No dice- I may not have
been
> doing things right..
>

> I now use tyc, with the modest changes suggested on the list to
> operate/compile on OS X. I imagine you won't have that problem.
It takes a
> .ty file and outputs a .mpg2 file. W/ VLC it plays perfectly.
That's all I
> cared about.
>
> Matthew
>

> On 6/24/02 1:17 PM, "George_Cercone" <george_cercone@y...> wrote:
>
> > I found a newer version of ShowList.tcl, using TivoApp I am able
> > pull the full ty stream, or have it split the file, I am getting
PES