[ExtractStream] Old-timer looking for current info!

Scott Alfter yahoo at s...
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:20:24 -0700

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 06:37:43AM -0000, jameswsieben wrote:
> "UPDATE: Good news! Some smart people have gone to the trouble of
> working out what to do with the timestamps in the tivo stream, and
> have written software to convert a tivo stream directly to an mpeg
> system stream using these timestamps for synchronization!"

I've done some experimenting with TyConvert since the 3.0 upgrade...it
turned a 3-hour extraction (longest I've ever pulled) into a valid MPEG file
that I can then process through the usual editing tools (DVD2AVI, VFAPIConv,
FreeAmp, VirtualDub, and TMPGEnc are what I normally use). Audio stayed in
sync throughout the file, and (as a bonus) you can play the file in your
DVD-player app if you want.

I was going to update my TiVo-to-SVCD page, but I upgraded to Apache 2.0.39
yesterday and it has some issues that I need to resolve first.

_/_
/ v \ Scott Alfter (salfter@s...)
(IIGS( http://salfter.dyndns.org
\_^_/ rm -rf /bin/laden