Old-timer looking for current info!

jameswsieben jimmys at u...
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 06:37:43 -0000

Hello! I am an old-time TiVo user looking for current info on
extraction and network playback.

I got the TiVoNet when it first came out with extraction software, but
was frustrated by the de-sync problems and general difficulty in the
process.

After upgrading to 3.0 with the native TiVoNet support, I am again
interested in the process. However, I am having trouble finding
current information on what works best (I can use either Win2k or
Linux to read the data from the network, but I prefer to do the mpeg
transcoding in Windows since the machine is much faster).

Can anyone point me to a relevant, *current*, and working list of
program/procedures to try? I am particularly interested in this
comment I found on http://electron.mit.edu/~gstee
le/tivo/programs.html :

"UPDATE: Good news! Some smart people have gone to the trouble of
working out what to do with the timestamps in the tivo stream, and
have written software to convert a tivo stream directly to an mpeg
system stream using these timestamps for synchronization!"

What program(s) take advantage of this to provide accurate sync?

Any help greatly appreciated!