[ExtractStream] What is the best way to upsample 32KHz sound to 44.1KHz

Paul Browne paul_tp at h...
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 00:20:40 +0100

I use a freeware thing called Scmpx, found it on www.doom9.org

I can not tell the difference before and after. but I am not sound engineer

----Original Message Follows----
From: "ik_ik_37" <Mister_deltoid@h...>
To: ExtractStream@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ExtractStream] What is the best way to upsample 32KHz sound to
44.1KHz
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 13:58:05 -0000

Hi Folks,

I am looking for the best sounding way to upsample the 32khz sound
file from my UK TiVo to 44.1KHz or 48KHz, without the result
sounding yukky. I have tried writing a non-standard VCD using Nero
with the 32KHz sound track and my Toshiba 9000 DVD player won't play
it back correctly (the sound speeds up, very comical).

I have tried the sample conversion on TMPGenc and toolame, both
produce a 44.1KHz track which if used to write a VCD it plays on my
Toshiba 9000 but the sound has not been upsampled correctly, it
certainly doesn't sound like the original 32KHz track.

Any ideas, preferably using shareware or cheaper software, no $600
packages thanks.

Ta,
Mark