[ExtractStream] Woohoo: streams back INTO the TiVo

Rob yahoo at i...
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 14:33:09 +0100

At 15:00 30/06/02 +1000, Warren Toomey wrote:

>The script allows you to take a vsplit TyStream (i.e separate audio and video
>files) on the Unix side, and insert it back into the MFS of the TiVo and
>make it Now Showing.

Is there anything that will allow the TiVo to play back a standard MPEG
(accessible via NFS) on the TV, without disrupting normal TiVo Operations
(ie recording!) ?

My ideal here would be an additional on-screen menu item that takes me into
a file-browser type menu so I can watch all the stuff stored on my
fileserver... but something I can run from a telnet session would be ok at
a pinch.

Rob,