[ExtractStream] Woohoo: streams back INTO the TiVo

Warren Toomey wkt at t...
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 07:24:08 +1000 (EST)

In article by Rob:
> Is there anything that will allow the TiVo to play back a standard MPEG
> (accessible via NFS) on the TV, without disrupting normal TiVo Operations
> (ie recording!) ?

Not an MPEG file. The closest thing is my Playitsam, which can play a
TyStream over a TCP connection from a remote server:

http://minnie.tuhs.org/Programs/Playitsam/index.html

This works from the TiVo bash command-line.

> My ideal here would be an additional on-screen menu item that takes me into
> a file-browser type menu so I can watch all the stuff stored on my
> fileserver... but something I can run from a telnet session would be ok at
> a pinch.

Yes, I'd be hapy to lose/replace Showcases because I live in Australia
and don't phone home to get my guide data.

Warren