[ExtractStream] TyConvert hates my +2G files and neat thing in DVD2AVI

Grant Stockly grant at s...
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 00:06:20 -0900

> > For some reason when i try to split a 2.6GB ty stream file
> > tyconvert will
> > GPF with itself at about 12minutes (realtime playback time) which
> > is ~one
> > FSID chunk worth of video.
> > Should I try to get <2GB files, or wait for win2k?
>
>I've not had a problem with 4G files on Win2K & splitstream... but
>it's hard to tell if it's tyconvert, or WinME - WinME is much buggier
>than even Win98SE for what I've seen...

WinMe seems faster on my 500 Celeron. The only thing keeping me from doing
everything on my faster G3 333 is MacOS X doesn't have support for the free
ATA/133 card I got. Can't do without my 160GB drive!

Splitstream .5 worked fine (and faster).

>You're best bet if you're going to Win2K anyway (wise choice, my
>friend ;-) save the .ty file & try re-splitting after your upgrade.
>If it splits fine, you know it was WinME. If it still dies, I would
>doubt that it's an issue with the filesize, else why would it die
>only 12 minutes into the split? In that case, I'd try splitstream on

Don't know about the 12 minutes. Anything is possible with
windows. TivoApp also GPFs, but before doing anything. This is a 4 day
old install of WinME! It worked 3 days ago!