TyConvert hates my +2G files and neat thing in DVD2AVI

billyb111b billyb111b at y...
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 19:11:35 -0000

--- In ExtractStream@y..., Grant Stockly <grant@s...> wrote:
> For some reason when i try to split a 2.6GB ty stream file
tyconvert will
> GPF with itself at about 12minutes (realtime playback time) which
is ~one
> FSID chunk worth of video.
> Should I try to get <2GB files, or wait for win2k?

I have seen similar a reaction from TyConvert, to me it seemed stream
related. At a certain point in the processing on certain streams, it
would just close.. no GPF, no error, just gone. I calculated the
chunk that it freaked out on, and started it again at the next chunk
and put those to mpegs together.. it worked. (BTW, an error log og
Tyconvert would have made the task much easier, I had to use a more
iterative trial and error process) This will screw with your sync a
bit, just like foreign chunks will screw with your sync, at the
beginning and end of streams.

Are you checking "Dont skip invalid chunks"? I found that to stop
tyconvert from crashing, but it introduces "phantom video".

I have NEVER had luck with Tyconvert on large files.. eventually,
one of these bad chunks will bite you... Nothing longer than an hour
has ever succesfully made it from my tivo to DVD.. and oh how I have
tried...

billy