DirecTivo & Extraction...

ocram500 marco at a...
Wed, 06 Mar 2002 20:03:07 -0000

Hello all,

I just joined this list, so if someone could be nice enough to recap
a couple of things for me, I would be most grateful.

I have been able to extract video/adio successfully from my stand-
alone for some time now. However, I just upgraded to a directivo.

I have been reading about extracting mpg's from the directive,
and I
am unable to find out the bottom line.

a) Can you successfully extract video from a dtivo?
b) Can you successfully extract audio from a dtivo?
c) What tools (versions, and download locations) does one need?

I've experimented w/ downloading several versions of
extractstream
(as well as some other tools), and they did not work on my 2.5 dtivo.

Any help would be great. I don't want to think I bought my DVD
burner
for nothing…

-Marco