[ExtractStream] DirecTivo & Extraction...

Rich Drewes drewes at i...
Wed, 06 Mar 2002 16:49:47 -0800

ocram500 wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I just joined this list, so if someone could be nice enough to recap
>a couple of things for me, I would be most grateful.
>
>I have been able to extract video/adio successfully from my stand-
>alone for some time now. However, I just upgraded to a directivo.
>
>I have been reading about extracting mpg's from the directive,
>and I
>am unable to find out the bottom line.
>
>a) Can you successfully extract video from a dtivo?

I have done this on my Sony combo box. The video was flawless. The
only tool I had that would play the extracted video was mplayer under
Linux. Search the archive for my earlier posts for more information.

The ExtractStream I was using was current as of over 6 months ago. I'd
be surprised if the new versions didn't work since that old one did. It
reported lots of errors while running, but it turns out they weren't
really errors (I was told), just warnings.

>b) Can you successfully extract audio from a dtivo?

I have not gotten the audio working, but I didn't put much effort into
it before I was distracted.

Rich