Experiences with Sony2000 SA and WinME

zathrasinspace douglass at a...
Thu, 07 Mar 2002 12:24:54 -0600 (CST)

"Edmond E. Shwayri" wrote:

> Each TyStream starts out with a header chunk. That chunk needs to be
> ignored since we don't know what it really contains.

Ah, but how big is the header chunk? All the programs I tried correctly
dropped the first tystream's header, but if the next tystream is
concatenated to the first (a show will be at least 4) then the next one
is NOT dropped, I suspect, but is read, and, perhaps, exceeds the buffer
size, is my guess. Guess I need a hexdump of the first bunch of bytes
from a second-in-line tystream.

> I have not tried
> the program you are using, but I do know splitstream will do this
> correctly;

Hmm... Ok, I'll find it and try it tonight. Hope you're right. :-)

> however, read my earlier posts for a fix that may be
> necessary. You have DirecTV so you may run into the problem I mentioned
> or you may not.

I do NOT have a DirectTV TiVo, I have a stand-alone with the same "no
hacking allowed here" routines as a DirectTV TiVo. If splitstream works
for you with a DirecTiVo, then perhaps it will work for me.

John