Alternate TV listing options

john_pappas bunt643 at h...
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 03:11:06 -0000

With all due respect, YOU PANSIES! TiVo raised their rates $3/month
after roughly 2 years of unchanged, wonderfull service. They sort of
let us hack around in these boxes, and have been an all-around
wonderfull company in my eyes. More importantly, I suspect these
subscriptions are TiVo's largest source of income. You're not
obligated, but it wouldn't kill you to pay them a few extra bucks.
On top of that, they're giving you a money saving option. How many
of you seriously can afford technology like a TiVo, but feel $3/month
is going to put you out of food and home?

For the record, this was not the most appropriate place to post such
a question, although I supposed we want people to feel free to say
what they like here.

To keep my post on topic, here is a question about ExtractStream...

I've got so far as to synch up each of 3 segments of some 30 minute
shows, and then combine them with TMPGEnc so as to have a single mpg
file that is synched as close as I can get it. I got that far by
doing:
ExtractStream ->
WinAmp for wav and DVD2AVI for d2v ->
TMPGEnc to combine each audio + video into 3 segments ->
VirtualDub to synch audio in each ->
TMPGEnc to combine the three segments.

The problem is that this file is synched, but after I remove
commercials in Adobe Premiere, and export via bbMPEG using fairly
standard settings, the audio is out of synch later in the resulting
file. Both VirtualDub and Premiere are set to interlace every frame
in my setup. When I check the same few spots in the show in the
combined file I edited using Premiere, audio and video are synched.
Any idea what I could be doing wrong? I'm getting close to wiping my
TiVo and starting over using only BEST encoding to see if that fixes
my synch issues in my extracted video. I've tried a lot of the other
methods here and haven't come up with a good product yet.

thanks, and no offense STUFTOYS, I just want people to support TiVo.
-john