DirecTiVo and extraction -- how do I do it?

skorous skorous at y...
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 15:27:35 -0000

--- In ExtractStream@y..., "Trevor Sky Garside" <trevor@t...> wrote:

> DirecTiVo question snipped <

Sorry, I'm just getting the hang of a regular TiVo extraction.

> Second, unrelated question: Anybody know anything about the
> TurboNet? Any speed improvements for extraction?

>From the little bit of reading I've done TurboNet is a 100bT card
instead of the 10bT and it doesn't require the power adapter that
the TiVoNet adapter does. Speeds are supposed to be better but not
super. The post I read was estimating 25-35 Mbit and cast the
limiting factor on the speed of the CPU. Remember, this is just my
memory but I believe it to be accurate.

Marty