TivoWeb Error, Audio question, Linux question In-reply-to:

Daniel junior15 at m...
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 00:14:26 -0500

I was hoping somebody could help me with this. I use TivoWeb to edit
the program titles to reflect the episode number and name so that when
I'm looking through the list of programs, I know what is what and also
so that when I extract the shows with TivoApp, the file name is the
Program name - Episode Number - Episode Name. Where I run into problems
is on some programs, I get this error when I try to view the details of
the program (from Now Showing, clicking on show's title):

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
action_showing '/157111/11' ''
no such object: dbobj5945 dbobj5946

When I get this error, I get none of the links at the bottom of the page
(edit, delete, etc). From what I can tell, this doesn't happen on shows
from a certain network as I've had it happen on shows from NBC, USA,
Showtime and the Sci-Fi channel that I can think off the top of my head.

All shows extract with no problem using SendStream, so I don't think
it's an issue with the stream.

I'd appreciate it if anybody has any ideas about what is causing this to
happen and how to fix it.

I'm also having another problem that I hoped somebody could help with.
I use TivoApp to extract the streams onto my WindowsXP system, and then
use TyConvert to convert to MPEG. I then encode to DiVx. I've noticed
that I've got little hiccups in the audio in the final product. I
wasn't sure if it was the DiVx encoding or the MPEG conversion, so I
played one of the MPEG files, and it had the same hiccups. I'm planning
on installing linux on another PC this weekend and am going to try to
use tyc on linux to do the conversion instead, but I thought I would see
if anybody else has found a fix for this on a Windoze PC.

While I'm on the subject of Linux, has anybody come up with a way to do
batch extractions off a Tivo using Linux, or anything other than
TivoApp? I would really prefer to do everything in Linux, but I haven't
found a way to setup a script to start the extraction on the Tivo and
save it on the PC the way TivoApp does. One other thing I like about
TivoApp is the fact it uses the web server to get the program names and
saves the file names with the program names. Any ideas on this would be
appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help anybody can give,

Daniel

Technical info:

Sony SA SVR-2000
Original 30GB HD plus Western Digital 100GB HD
TivoNet