[ExtractStream] TIVOGUIDE

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:56:23 -0800 (PST)

--- Jonathan Campbell <damagi@w...> wrote:
> while that is a possible side effect, the true purpose of the hack
> it to
> allow people to create their own guide data when tivo can't/won't
> supply
> the proper data. examples of this are people who want the tivo to
> work
> outside the US/UK, people who are on special cable systems (like
> appartments and such), and people who are adding special channels
> to their
> lineup.

Like the fact that tbe DSS satellite dish system doesn't provide
*any* data for the local channels, even ones you're allowed to get.
One reason I'm back with DishNetwork - "Charlie's Angels" (their
customer support) was evil to me last time I called, so that's why I
switched, but then "Dave's World" started pulling this on me... I
lost my _Enterprise_ Season pass because of that... :-(

> Remember, the tivo service is more than just the guide data:
>
> Guide Data
> Software Updates
> Tivolution Magazine
> Network Showcases

Software updates, tivolution magazine & network showcase I couldn't
give a rip about... but that list also includes:

Season Passes - and *that's* the whole reason I'm happy to spend my
$$$ on Mr. T[ivo]. Farscape changes time/date/planet/whatever, Bam! I
don't miss a show. Gottalovit. :-)

> While some people may choose to use the tivoguide utilities to
> bypass the
> subscription for guide data that they could get normally...[snip]

And anyone that I personally caught doing just that, I'd do very,
*very* unmentionable, unpleasant things to...
Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger