Burning to DVD

John Douglass douglass at n...
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 10:48:50 -0600

On 30 Mar 2002 13:50:19 -0000, "wolkowh123" wrote:

>You are probably getting the error because you need to change the
>resolution from 480x480 to 720x480 - which plug in are you trying to
>use. I use TMPEncg to transcode the resolution and then I can burn a
>perfect DVD

>--- In ExtractStream@y..., "cmcarson2000" <cmcarson2000@y...> wrote:
>> I downloaded PowerDVD. I think there is a codec issue here. Most
>> mpeg players don't recognize tyConvert's mplexed (audio & video)
>> file. PowerDVD is able to read and play it.

I got PowerDVD with my Asus video board. Like it a lot. Plays
everything.

>> I found a neat Adobe premier plug-in that encodes an mpeg movie
>into
>> the required DVD system files. At that point, I'll be able to
>burn
>> to DVD but Premier is having the same problem as the other mpeg
>> players. As soon as I try and open the audio/video mpeg file that
>> tyConvert created, there's a "cannot read file format" error.

I haven't tried it yet, but google for avest022.zip or
avestensione.dll. From the website and README:

A video-header patcher. Useful to generate (mini)DVDs with
non-standard video resolutions (like 480x480).

AVestensione lets you patch the headers to be "conforming" before
starting the DVD-authoring, and re-patch them before burning the DVD.

In addition AVestensione lets you patch the aspect ratio of an MPEG2
file, which may habe been changed for instance by mpeg2vcr V 3.11.
Installation and use:
AVestensione is a windows shell extension. You have to register it
with regsvr32. Just execute

regsvr32 avestensione.dll

in a DOS-Window.

After that when right-clicking on an MPEG2 video file, you will find
another page called "Video" under "Properties".

HTH

John