Using Vidomi to convert .ty/.mpg to divx

oddmanout67 rchandler67 at h...
Thu, 02 May 2002 15:41:27 -0000

Just thought I'd give a summary of where I am...I've tried:

- a .ty directly in Vidomi...seems to be a whole lot of artifacts
that I don't see anywhere else. The aspect ratio turned out wrong
(looks like it's 1:1 instead of 4:3), and there's a green line at the
bottom.
- a .mpg in Vidomi...doesn't have the strange artifacts from the
direct .ty file, but still doesn't have the right aspect ratio, and
has the green bar.
- a .mpg in xmpeg 4.5...same aspect ratio problem, no green bar, but
the sound sync is way off (which could be a result of having to
specifiy 44 kHz on the audio)

To get the .mpg, I tried:

- TyConvert...crashes anything I've tried to play it in, but seems to
make it through the encoders
- vsplit11b and a simple mux in tmpgenc...plays fine, aspect ratio is
correct, and the sound sync seems pretty good