Corrupt Data on Tivo?

bighead12_99 tcwilson3 at y...
Sat, 04 May 2002 17:20:37 -0000

I added a second HD about a year or more ago and I am having troubles
extracting some of the tystreams. I have one 2 hour show that
comprises 3 FSIDs. I can't seem to get the first of the 3 FSIDs
extracted. My MPEG always starts 42 minutes into the show and is
only 1hour-17min long, but on the TiVo, it's fine. So yes, I'm
having troubles, but I don't know if it's a result of the second HD.
I'm searching the internet for info on it, but not having much luck.

--- In ExtractStream@y..., Joe Fleck <tornado@m...> wrote:
> *This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate
(tm) Pro*
> Hello again,
>
> Since my question below didn't elict much response other than a "I
have that
> problem too" from someone, maybe I could rephrase it. How many
people here
> have upgraded to a second drive and are NOT having any problems. I
have to
> believe that the root of my problem came from adding the second
drive to the
> Tivo, and that the problem comes from that somehow. How likely
would it be
> for me to yank the 30GB, reformat the 80 and put on the 2.51 backup
on the
> 80 and see an improvement/fix for what ails me? Maybe an informal
poll - of
> what type of tivo + what drive(s) you have + problems or lack of
them -
> would be a good idea..
>
> Thanks.
>
> Joe
>
> > Long time, no talk. I've been trying in vain to get some decent
extractions
> > off my tivo. A little history:
> >
> > 8/2001 - Tivo ExtractStream-> nc on PC working great
> > 10/2001 - Added second HD (80GB+20GB) to tivo
> > That week, coincidentally, the 2.5 upgrade hit, and VBR was
turned on
> > (either by me or by default)
> > At that point I couldn't get a decent extraction. I figured it
was VBR. I
> > turned VBR off on the tivo, grabbed a show, and tried to extract.
No dice.
> > Getting errors galore in the SplitStream on my PC.
> >
> > 11/2001 (out of frustration) Put tivo extraction away for a few
months to
> > play with new baby
> >
> > 04/2002 Tivo is full and needs to be cleaned off with old videos
collecting
> > dust (that need extraction. Decide to try again. With the (newer)
Tivo App