[ExtractStream] Can't seem to burn SVCDs anymore... :-(

Rob yahoo at i...
Sun, 05 May 2002 17:10:30 +0100

At 09:16 05/05/02 -0700, you wrote:
>I used to have no problem burning 800Meg of SVCD MPEGs to an
>80-minute 700Meg CDR before, but now they wanna take up over 900Meg
>in Nero!

I've had Nero complain about 'stream encoding' before now. it's to do with
packet sizes.. if it wants to re-encode, it pads with zeros !

According to http://www.pcphotovideo.com/newpage1.htm which I originally
found when doing captures on an ATI card:

>NERO requires the video to have a pack size that fits directly into a
>"mode 2, form 2 block", or 2324 bytes.

There's bits to do with audio syncing in here too. I'll have to have a
look again!

--
Rob
http://www.mosthosts.com/tivo/ - someone join in please :-)