[Solved] Can't seem to burn SVCDs anymore... :-(

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Sun, 5 May 2002 17:17:41 -0700 (PDT)

--- Rob <yahoo@i...> wrote:

> I've had Nero complain about 'stream encoding' before now. it's to
> do with
> packet sizes.. if it wants to re-encode, it pads with zeros !

That's what VCDEasy was doing, and I couldn't figure out why...

> According to http://www.pcphotovideo.com/newpage1.htm which I
> originally
> found when doing captures on an ATI card:

Very helpful link... 'tis bookmarked now. :-)

> >NERO requires the video to have a pack size that fits directly
> into a
> >"mode 2, form 2 block", or 2324 bytes.

I found out why tmpgenc was goofing up my videos... under "Settings"
in TMPGenc, the very last tab "System" has a Stream Type: field - it
was set to MPEG2 Program (VBR) - it should be MPEG2 Super VideoCD
(VBR);

I dunno how it got changed, but if anyone else finds their videos
being padded to insanity, this is prolly it!

> Rob
> http://www.mosthosts.com/tivo/ - someone join in please :-)

Joined & ready... I noticed the link to my Tivo community page, so I
added a link to the forums on there as well. Thanks!

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger