UK PAL TiVo Extraction

kill1967 johngibb at c...
Sun, 12 May 2002 08:52:41 -0000

I've been playing around with the various versions of extractstream
and it's variants. I've been having moderate success using sendstream
and tivoapp 2.2 to extract directly to MPEG2 and split streams,
however extractsteam, extractstream(tivoapp) and mks_stream crash
tivoapp whenever they try to capture anything that isn't to a raw .ty
stream.

It seems that either extractstream or tivoapp is contributing to my
lack of audio-synch when I use them to dump straight to a .ty file
and then use tyconvertstream. When I use sendstream to capture, I get
about 6 audio synch issues at when I convert to split streams .mvp
and .mva. Is this normal ?

I get the impression that sendstream 0.3 isn't stripping out the PES
headers, whereas the other extractstream variants do, is my
assumption correct ?

I was also wondering what tools/programs other people are using ?
Are most people using LINUX or Windows based tools, and what steps
are they using to convert to a workable .mpeg (without audio sync
issues) ?

Sorry for being a pain.

Cheers,

John