[ExtractStream] UK PAL TiVo Extraction

Michael Loftis mloftis at w...
Sun, 12 May 2002 03:26:09 -0700

I've been using a set of steps with fairly good success posted earlier
by jdiner. I fisrt use mfs_stream to extract the .ty (to an NFS mounted
volume). From there I use his vsplit program to produce the seperate
files and get a synch offset for use later. From there I use dvd2avi to
produce a d2v file which I then feed to vfapiconv to produce a .avi of
the video. the m2a i send through winamp which I have write it out to a
.wav file. I recombine everything in virtualdub using the synch offset
obtained from vsplit to synch the audio and video up before dubbign and
compression. After those steps I use avifrate to manually adjust the
framrate to 29.972 FPS (from 29.970) to bring the audio back into
perfect sync after convertign to an mp3 audio stream.

I usually compress into DivX format for video and MP3 format for audio
and haven't noticed any problems with these set of steps. I know its
convuluted and complex. Thats why I want to get a copy of source code
for all these programs and make them into one end-to-end system.