[ExtractStream] Re: UK PAL TiVo Extraction

Michael Loftis mloftis at w...
Mon, 13 May 2002 09:21:37 -0700

kill1967 wrote:

>Thanks for the pointer to vsplit11b, I've since downloaded and used
>Audiocheck on a stream pulled with sendstream. Since running it I've
>decided not to use sendstream as audiocheck indicated that there seems
>to be a lot of problems with invalid chunks (at least a lot of audio
>errors).
>
>I've moved back to mfs_stream_withpri1, but have still to check the
>stream.
>
>I gather you're mounting a linux partition, which I've certainly read
>is a preferred method. At the moment my laptop doesn't seem to like
>installing LINUX, so I'm looking at SAMBA again, but nobody seems to
>have recompiled it since the US 2.0.1 TiVO release.

Err actually :) Heh I use NFS to a Windows box :)

http://www.jgaa.com/

Browse to the War NFS Daemon. It's *not* perfect but it does work well
enough to dump streams off the TiVo. And best of all ITS FREE! :)