[ExtractStream] Video Editing the TY Stream or the Mpeg2 Mux

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Fri, 17 May 2002 20:55:56 -0700 (PDT)

--- Rick Wohleber <rick@w...> wrote:
> BTW, the topic should have been Video Editing, not Video
> Conferencing
> (see what happens when you type and drink?) - apologies.

Dang Nabbit... and the Molson Canadian ran dry... (at least until the
next one!!! ;-)

> I tried the link below, but it is not responding - I'll try again
> tomorrow.

Well, it was a little wonky after the reboot (twice a year if it
needs it or not... gotta love Linux!!!) but it should be fine now; as
I just tested it.

> I'm using Ulead because I couldn't get TMPGEnc to edit out per
> frame
> (the smallest increment it seems to cut at is by the second,
> whereas
> Ulead Media Studio can cut in a timeline sequence by the frame,
> which
> provides transparent cuts).

Erm, yea -- there are known bugs in TMPGEnc [search the archives -
even I've made a few posts about it...] WRT the "Cut & Merge"
Functions of TMPGEnc -- but depending on how you do your transcoding,
if you specify only the sections that should become final to be
transcoded, it seems to work very well down to the frame (+/- a frame
or so, but much better than the +/- 2-3 seconds...) and you'll only
be transcoding the show, and not the commercials [assuming the show
you want on SVCD has commercials...] to speed up the process... :-)

> Maybe I'm just not finding all the
> abilities of TMPGEnc (I went on their web site and didn't find a
> manual). I agree that doing it in TMPGEnc would be better, as it
> would eliminate a transcoding step (and thereby increase quality).
>
> I'm probably missing something basic, so let me know what I've
> missed if you don't mind!

Try the link again - if that doesn't work, a copy at the original
location is still up & working, at:

http://www.30below.com/~zmerch/tivo/index.cfm

[[tested & working again...]]

HTH, and Laterz!