[ExtractStream] Have a tivo and need to get Tivoftpd in it.

Marc Lavergne mlavergn-pub at r...
Tue, 21 May 2002 10:08:56 -0400

This depends on alot of factors. Do you have a TurboNet or TivoNet card?
What version of the TiVo software are you on? Here's the best places to
start:

http://www.9thtee.com/turbonet.htm
http://tivo.samba.org

If you don't have a Turbo/TivoNet card, that is step one ... order one
from the 9thtee link above. You could run tivoftpd over the serial port
and PPP but that's insanity.

The version of the TiVo software is a key factor here. 1.3 offers many
hacking options while 3.0 closes the door on many. This is especially
true with regards to "initial setup" questions such as this.

If you want post back with TiVo software version info and which TiVo
network card you have and you'll get more precise answers.

Good luck!