Have a tivo and need to get Tivoftpd in it.

kriscomach biskupiec at h...
Tue, 21 May 2002 16:44:06 -0000

Thanks for Replying!
Okay I have a TivoNet card and I bought it from 9thtee. and the
Version of Tivo I have on my Philips is 2.5. Can you tell me how to
update to a older version like 1.3. and can you tell me how you
sended your tivoftpd to the tivo(how and with what and direction).
and tell me step by step because other users maybe in the same
situation? Can you explain this to me how come the shows that I have
on tivo disappear after a few weeks I have on my tivo. that sucks. Is
there a way I can prevent from deleting my shows even if I have them
saved on the tivo for a mounth or longer? After this can you tell me
what kind of program you use to get your files from tivo? and what
directory do you download the file? I know they are like
extention .ty something like that?
thanks you again guys.
bye.

--- In ExtractStream@y..., Marc Lavergne <mlavergn-pub@r...> wrote:
> This depends on alot of factors. Do you have a TurboNet or TivoNet
card?
> What version of the TiVo software are you on? Here's the best
places to
> start:
>
> http://www.9thtee.com/turbonet.htm
> http://tivo.samba.org
>
> If you don't have a Turbo/TivoNet card, that is step one ... order
one
> from the 9thtee link above. You could run tivoftpd over the serial
port
> and PPP but that's insanity.
>
> The version of the TiVo software is a key factor here. 1.3 offers
many
> hacking options while 3.0 closes the door on many. This is
especially
> true with regards to "initial setup" questions such as this.
>
> If you want post back with TiVo software version info and which
TiVo