Have a tivo and need to get Tivoftpd in it.

anddmx2001 anddmx2001 at y...
Tue, 21 May 2002 18:14:18 -0000

Tom,

You will want to check DealDatabase for more information on
preventing Tivo updates; as that would probably would be a forum that
could better answer your questions.

As for 3.0, it hasn't been deployed to the masses yet, but some
information is up on AVS.

anddmx

--- In ExtractStream@y..., "Tom Bonge" <tom@t...> wrote:
> How can the TiVo be prevented from getting the update to 3.0? I
have 2.5 and I don't want to loose tivoweb when 3.0 comes in, so far
I have not let it dial in for updates, but my guide data is running
out...

TivoNet card?
> What version of the TiVo software are you on? Here's the best
places to
> start:
>
> http://www.9thtee.com/turbonet.htm
> http://tivo.samba.org
>
> If you don't have a Turbo/TivoNet card, that is step one ...
order one
> from the 9thtee link above. You could run tivoftpd over the
serial port
> and PPP but that's insanity.
>
> The version of the TiVo software is a key factor here. 1.3 offers
many
> hacking options while 3.0 closes the door on many. This is
especially
> true with regards to "initial setup" questions such as this.
>
> If you want post back with TiVo software version info and which
TiVo

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/