Misaligned audio & Editing

ewodzien general at e...
Wed, 22 May 2002 23:53:33 -0000

Hi:

I've searched everywhere and have been unable to determine *HOW* to
generate an MPEG2 file for DVD or SVCD with correctly synch'd audio.

I can extract video using TiVoApp (which is a godsend) to create an
MPEG2 file without issues. (Plays back fine using POWER DVD.)

However, as soon as I try to convert using TMPG, VideoWave or Ulead
to an appropriate format (DVD or SVCD), I *never* get correctly
synch'd audio. Am I missing something, or is the state of video
extraction from TiVo not ready for primetime when burning to DVD or
SVCD?

I'm taken a look at Merch's page, and got the same result using ty
streams.

*Any* help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed