Misaligned audio & Editing

kill1967 johngibb at c...
Fri, 24 May 2002 11:10:05 -0000

I've just read on http://nickyguides.digital-digest.com/ that any
conversion or adjustment to the audio of a multiplexed file (either
DivX or mpeg(1/2)) will screw up the lip-synch.

I am now in the process of converting my .mp2 stream to a sample rate
of 48KHZ and a bit rate of 384 bps (??I think that was the figure).

TMPGenc will encode to 48KHZ 384bps if you select the audio only
(leave the video blank) and select the DVD(PAL) or DVD(NTSC) profile.

It'll take a while, but I haven't found a utility that will change
both the sample rate AND the bit rate.

Cheers,

John

--- In ExtractStream@y..., "kill1967" <johngibb@c...> wrote:
> I've just discovered the same issue with neoDVD when I don't PRE-
> PROCESS the file through TMPGenc. If I run it through that first,
all
> is well.
>
> I *think* the issue may be to do with the fact that all these
> utilities reprocess the MPEG2 (i.e. demultiplex, reencode MPEG2,
> reencode audio, remultiplex). I'm going to play around with re-
> enconding the audio to a DVD identified sample rate and bit rate.
My
> synch was out by about 2 secs this morning !! Then again it could
be
> the video being a half DVD. It's either or both for sure.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John
>

> --- In ExtractStream@y..., "ewodzien" <general@e...> wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > I've searched everywhere and have been unable to determine *HOW*
> > generate an MPEG2 file for DVD or SVCD with correctly synch'd
audio.

> > I can extract video using TiVoApp (which is a godsend) to create
an
> > MPEG2 file without issues. (Plays back fine using POWER DVD.)
> >
> > However, as soon as I try to convert using TMPG, VideoWave or
Ulead