Misaligned audio & Editing

kill1967 johngibb at c...
Thu, 23 May 2002 16:38:33 -0000

I've just discovered the same issue with neoDVD when I don't PRE-
PROCESS the file through TMPGenc. If I run it through that first, all
is well.

I *think* the issue may be to do with the fact that all these
utilities reprocess the MPEG2 (i.e. demultiplex, reencode MPEG2,
reencode audio, remultiplex). I'm going to play around with re-
enconding the audio to a DVD identified sample rate and bit rate. My
synch was out by about 2 secs this morning !! Then again it could be
the video being a half DVD. It's either or both for sure.

Cheers,

John

--- In ExtractStream@y..., "ewodzien" <general@e...> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I've searched everywhere and have been unable to determine *HOW* to
> generate an MPEG2 file for DVD or SVCD with correctly synch'd audio.
>
> I can extract video using TiVoApp (which is a godsend) to create an
> MPEG2 file without issues. (Plays back fine using POWER DVD.)
>
> However, as soon as I try to convert using TMPG, VideoWave or Ulead
> to an appropriate format (DVD or SVCD), I *never* get correctly
> synch'd audio. Am I missing something, or is the state of video
> extraction from TiVo not ready for primetime when burning to DVD or
> SVCD?
>
> I'm taken a look at Merch's page, and got the same result using ty
> streams.
>
> *Any* help is very much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,

0> Ed