Ok. TyTool Alpha #2 released...

jewser joshua at b...
Thu, 30 May 2002 17:57:56 -0000

> I have a question on the Tytools client.
> I extracted a show and used the vsplit option.
> After it was complete, it said there was an A/V offset of 1 ms.
> Which was is it offset, the audio is 1 ms slower or faster?
> I can never remember which way it goes.

1ms means it would/should start playing 1ms before the video.

Rule of thumb reverse the number when trying to correct offset. So an
offset of -1 on mux'ing or using VirtualDub will put things back
to "perfect".

If you get a -10 it means that it should be used as 10.

I know this is wierd but it made sense at the time as I was still
trying to figure out what was going on. And sadly the other
alternative was no better. How to use the value depends directly on
the tool being used.

--jdiner