[Extractstream [MM]] Re: SVR-2000 vs SVR-3000

douglass@artships.com douglass at artships.com
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:43:53 -0600 (CST)

Enuahs wrote:

>  I was looking for some opinions. I have a Tivo svr-2000 already. I
>  have just setup my home network and was about to start looking into
>  attaching my tivo. I started to think that maybe it would just be
>  easier (not that I have to go with easy, I never do) to by the newer
>  model of Tivo and sell mine.

Sell your old one and buy a new one.  If you keep the old one you'll
end-up:
Buying and installing a Turbonet card;
Pulling the drive and install many hacks like Tytool and Tivoweb;
Spending hours authoring DVD's from shows extracted from your tivo;
Spending many more hours learning how to do extraction, transcoding,
	and authoring;
Researhing and buying a DVD player to play your new DVD's.

Go with the SVR-3000.  It's too late for us.  Save yourself!

John,
Who wants you to know that the SVR-2000 is hackable and the SVR-3000 is
not, and that THAT is the main difference.